Everyday we are faced with choices. What to eat, what to purchase, how to move between activities. We consciously or unconsciously decide how the world views us and where to put our energy. Seeing these decisions as opportunities to not only satisfy function but to feed you aesthetically can make the difference between a life filled with stuff and a lifestyle designed to support what you want. A lifestyle filled with beauty is yours for the taking. It’s simply a perspective change.
Whether we realize it or not, most of us like to surround ourselves with not only physical elements that support our work and lifestyle but that make us feel good at the same time. A blanket keeps us warm but we may have the good fortune to choose not only a warm blanket but one that is beautiful as well. A piece of music can fill the air but a beautiful piece of music supports us emotionally as well. There are a million pants in the world – which ones have you chosen that tell the world who you are?
Perhaps you’ve never thought of yourself as a terribly creative person. Maybe you’ve talked yourself into the mindset that none of this matters. But this is like saying your life lived in a grey box would be the same as one filled with sunsets and a pet. Take an inventory. You, equipped with an education and the prosperity to own a computer, can change any aspect of who you are and what the world thinks of you. All the obstacles are simply in your mind.
The choice is always ours – you are leading the life you want whether you realize it or not. Your form is dictated by how you choose to function.
We’ve all been there, whether it’s part of your cycle, the weather, the family, or just overwhelm. It’s difficult to focus, you lose everything not physically attached to your body, your eating patterns are disrupted….life just isn’t bouncing along the way you want it to. And, unfair as it is, some constitutions find it far easier than others to remain focused and grounded. Others are thrown off by windy weather, changing seasons, missed meals, and erratic schedules. Reviewing this with some wise women the other day, I was reminded how easy it is to forget and how important it is for all of us to remember:
- take time each morning for seated or walking meditation, prayer, or reflection
- lying or sitting close to the earth for a short time is always optimal
- eat legumes, unprocessed grain, meat and root vegetables
- listen more than you speak
- walking, especially in a pine forest or amongst trees
- maintain a regular routine of eating, yoga chi gong or tai chi, and sleeping
- go to bed by 10pm each night and awaken with the sun
- limit use of electronics, especially after dinner
- practice mindfulness
- keep emotions in check – avoid doubt, fear, resentment, and anger
- avoid prescription and recreational drugs and alcohol
- get regular massage and bodywork
- practice mindfulness as a walking meditation, in the garden, cleaning house
- surround yourself with masters – in person, podcasts, or recordings
- practice compassionate loving kindness
- take inventory and make changes if necessary
- find a way to be of service on a regular basis
- develop a daily ritual of caring for yourself
- make friends with your spirit guides and ask for help when you need it
- maintain a creative outlet – whatever flips your switch
This isn’t a definitive list, just someplace to start the conversation with yourself. There are probably many other techniques – feel free to share yours.
Yearning for Peace..
you know it’s
Focus and Persistence
and the discipline to
regularly. So vow to
Surround Yourself w Masters
body & soul.
Move to Life’s Music
Put Down Your Device – Now
You’ll Be Happier For It.
Ya know, you hafta keep your sense of humor on this subject, right? Otherwise, it gets pretty overwhelming being a woman here on Planet Earth. I want to be able to tell you young beauties that it will change soon but the best I can say is that it is changing – slowly. So coping strategies are the best we can hope for in an article like this. And some of my hard learned lessons should help you as well.
- Some guys will never get it so just try to steer clear of them. Their clubs are close by!
- It’s not your job to educate everyone but to gently nudge along the willing!
- Sometimes it’s other women that are the most resistant to the idea that you’re as smart and capable as a man. Some man told them so and he’s always right.
- Some guys are sensitive and caring and could become super allies. Keep an eye out for them and do your best to not alienate as they learn even better ways to help women.
- Most of the systems in our culture are skewed toward the entitled, right-handed, white male with money. Work within those parameters but never abandon the goal of equality.
- Equality doesn’t mean eliminating the problem (men), it’s defined as having equal access.
- Many women have spent a lifetime and lost their lives so you can wear a bathing suit in public and choose your own mate- never forget that!
- A life in service is a noble thing but work toward a cause and not simply to prop up a man.
- When choosing a mate, watch how he treats his mom and sisters. It says a lot.
- If you’re reading this and are actively dating, I suggest you do a whole lot more homework before proceeding as this is a completely different category of nonsense although I would say categorically to avoid sugardaddie.com
- Tread carefully!
I’m curious to know why some humans aspire to this and others do not- any theories? Why are the hackers always on the bad guy side? Why do some people like to be touched and others not so much?